NPC Headliners Newsmaker: National Academies Releases 2017 Affordable Drugs Report
November 30, 2017 1:00 PM
Location: 4th Estate Room
This is a ticketed event. Click here to jump to the ticket form.
Livestream will begin 11/30 at 1:00pm ET.
Viewers can email questions for the panel to firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your name and affiliation.
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine will release and discuss the findings of their new affordable drugs report at a National Press Club Headliners Newsmaker this Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 1:00PM in the club’s Fourth Estate.
The new report examines patient access to affordable and effective drug therapies in the U.S. and recommends a number of policy actions aimed at improving the affordability of prescription drugs without discouraging continued innovation in drug development. It looks specifically at areas such as drug pricing, the entry of generics into the market, financial transparency, and insurance benefit designs.
This news conference and panel discussion, moderated by USA Today Managing Editor Donna Leinwand Leger, is open to credentialed media, NPC members, and the general public free of charge, but advance registration is required.
- Norman Augustine (chair), former chairman and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Jeff Bingaman, former U.S. senator, New Mexico
- Michelle Mello, professor of law and professor of health research and policy, Stanford University
- Eliseo Pérez-Stable, director, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, National Institutes of Health
- Charles Phelps, university professor and provost emeritus, University of Rochester
For More Information On This Event, Contact: