US Intelligence and the Press
April 16, 2019 7:00 PM
Breaking News! US Intelligence and the Press
Tues, Apr 16th, 7:00pm-8:30pm
Registration link: https://intelandpress.eventbrite.com
Please join the Schar School of Policy and Government and the Michael V. Hayden Center on Tuesday, April 16th, for a panel discussion on the relationship between US intelligence and the press.
Panelists will deliberate the responsibilities of media in ensuring that the activities of the intelligence community are compatible with the public’s expectations for openness, transparency, and adherence to democratic values. A reception will follow the panel discussion. Registration is free but required for entry.
• Michael Morell (moderator), former Acting Director and Deputy Director of the CIA, and current Hayden Center Senior Fellow.
• Peter Finn, National Security Editor, The Washington Post.
• David Ignatius, National Security and Intelligence Columnist, The Washington Post.
• Suzanne Kelly, CEO and Publisher, The Cipher Brief.
• Andrea Mitchell, NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent; Anchor, MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports.
For More Information On This Event, Contact:
Elizabeth Van Horne