Sunshine Week: Dispelling the Gathering Clouds
March 12, 2018 6:30 PM
Location: Murrow Room
This is a ticketed event. Click here to jump to the ticket form.
SUNSHINE WEEK: Dispelling the gathering clouds
Sunshine Week celebrates the public’s right to know, but this year it is being marked as forces of darkness continue to gather across the globe.
From Latin America to Russia, from the Middle East to the Midwest of the United States, government officials are actively challenging the rights of the media to cover what they do.
Why is this disturbing trend emerging in so many places simultaneously? What can we do to combat it?
Join the National Press Club’s nonprofit Journalism Institute for an evening discussion.
- Nazanin Ashkan, senior program officer, IREX SAFE Initiative
- Jon Sawyer, executive director, Pulitzer Center for Crisis Reporting
- Jo Mannies, political reporter, St. Louis Public Radio
- Summer Lopez, senior director for free expression programs, PEN America
- John Donnelly, national security reporter, CQ Roll Call, chairman of the National Press Club Press Freedom committee
Miranda Spivack, professor of journalism at DePauw University in Indiana, will moderate.
No charge but reservation required.
National Press Club
529 14th Street NW (14th & F Streets)
13th Floor - Murrow Room
Washington, DC 20045
Monday, March 12th
6.30pm - 8pm
Free tickets; Reservation required.
For More Information On This Event, Contact: