Take your best shot: Photo exhibit entries due Aug. 12
June 13, 2016 | By Alan Kotok | email@example.com
The National Press Club's 17th annual Members Photography Exhibit is rapidly approaching, so it's time to choose up to four of your best images to display.
Entries for the exhibit are accepted beginning on Monday, Aug. 1, through Friday, Aug. 12, in the Club's Membership Office.
Pro and amateur photographers in the membership are welcome to take part. The exhibit is a display of Club members' photographic talent, but is not a contest. Photos submitted for display will be hung by the Club's Photography Committee on Aug. 31 and will remain on display though Sept. 30. The exhibit's opening reception is Tuesday, Sept. 6.
Members can enter black-and-white, color, or hand-painted photos. There is no restriction, within reason, on subject matter. However, the Club and the Photo Committee reserve the right to remove any photo considered inappropriate. Here are a few more requirements:
- Up to four photos may be displayed, up to 11 by 14 inches maximum size including print and mat;
- Entries must be taken by the member, and not displayed in previous exhibits;
- Prints must be posted securely on sturdy mounting board. No glass or metal frames, or canvas prints are accepted;
- Titles, descriptions, and photographer's name can be displayed on the front of the photos, with the back of the photo giving the photographer's name, e-mail address, and telephone;
- We ask that members rank-order their entries 1 though 4 also on the back, in case space restrictions require limiting the number of photos displayed.
Please visit the Photo Committee's page for a full set of exhibit rules and schedule..
Photos will be on display in the Club's 13th floor lobby though Sept. 30, when the Photo Committee will take them down. Exhibitors may retrieve their photos from the Membership Office from Oct. 3 through Oct. 14.
Members from outside the Washington, D.C., area and others who cannot retrieve their photos during that time can provide a pre-paid self-addressed envelope for shipping.
For more information or questions, contact Alan Kotok at firstname.lastname@example.org.