Membership for All
The NPC has a variety of membership categories based on professional status, geographic location and employer. All categories are open to members who live and work anywhere in the world. Here's an overview of our membership categories:
You may qualify for Journalist membership if you fit into one of the following groups:
- Reporter, editor, writer, publisher; editorial and news cartoonist or artist; news photographer or videographer; producer, president or general manager; librarian, web master or other editorial employee of a regularly issued news outlet that is supported by advertising , paid subscriptions, or funded by a non – profit organization.( Organization must operate with editorial independence from any political, government, commercial or special interest and must be published for the primary dissemination of the news.)
- Journalism instructors, professors and deans at the college level.
- Non-fiction authors.
- Journalist - $608 ($50.67/mo.)
- Journalist Young member/under 35 - $316 ($26.33/mo.)
- Journalist Non-Resident - $230 ($19.17/mo.)
- Journalist Retired - $344 ($28.67/mo.)
- Journalist Non-Resident Retired - $161 ($13.42/mo.)
You may qualify for Communicator membership if you fit into one of the following groups:
- Non-editorial employees for qualified news outlets such as business managers, advertising managers, circulation managers, promotion managers and system operators.
- Former journalists who worked as journalists for at least 10 years.
- Current and retired press aides for foreign or domestic governments.
- News Source members have regular contact with the 'working press,' such as public relation/communications professionals.
- Authors of books or plays, editors of books or film, poets, television or film script writers and book publishers.
- Student members who are enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate journalism programs; or work on campus .publications, broadcast outlets or news internet sites; or who otherwise intern or work part-time for qualified news outlets.
- Building tenants: persons whose office of employment is located at the National Press Building and do not qualify for one of the other above categories.
- Spouse/Partner : The spouse and partners of members of the National Press Club are eligible for full membership (except for voting privileges).
- Communicator - $756 ($63/mo.)
- Communicator Non-Resident - $367 ($30.58/mo.)
- Communicator Retired - $450 ($37.50/mo.)
- Communicator Student - $200 ($16.67/mo.)
- Communicator News Source - $888 ($74/mo.)
- Communicator Retired Non-Resident - $240 ($20.00/mo.)
- Communicator Young Member-under 35 - $499 ($41.58/mo.)