Now accepting resumes for our Banquet Manager position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to overall supervision of our banquet and restaurant staff and execution of functions that include morning meetings, press conferences, lunches, dinners, book signings, morning and afternoon coffee breaks, and private parties that would include weddings and other formal affairs.
Experience: 0 - 2 years
Summary: Manages restaurant and banquet operations and activities to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth. Assists and coordinates banquet events at the Club to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with established procedures/policies, and profitable operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Implements and monitors service procedures and operating policies in both restaurants and banquets.
- Interacts with customers requesting events and determines facility fees and billing for hotel events; confirms all agreed-upon requirements in writing to client and other appropriate staff.
- Maintains food and beverage history including but not limited to sales mix and history, actual/potential costs, bar stock, and production time.
- Manages event staffing and scheduling including but not limited to wait staff, porters, and housekeeping staff.
- Interfaces with catering, audiovisual, and kitchen departments/staff to coordinate F&B services and room and communication equipment requirements.
- Interfaces with all appropriate staff to ensure collaborative, efficient, effective service that responds to guest needs and staff/property requirements.
- Works at events to direct staff and outside vendors and ensure events are executed in an efficient manner; expedites all problems and emergencies.
- Ensures that all materials/equipment required for event are in place; rectifies any deficiencies.
- Assists in development of internal and external promotional materials and invitations/ announcements as needed.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to patrons, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure restaurant is performing at established standards.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Supervises banquet staff
- 4 Housekeepers
- 5 Porters
- 6 Full-time Wait staff/ Bartenders
- 20+ On-call Wait staff
- Supervises restaurant staff
- 10 Full-time Wait staff/Bartenders
- 0 - 2 years related experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in staff supervision.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient on JONAS management software, MS Office, MS Publisher.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Union experience a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
You will be rewarded with a competitive base salary. You will also receive a comprehensive benefits package including: 401k, medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as paid vacation, commuter savings benefits and life and disability insurance. The National Press Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume/cover letter to Miguel Dominguez – Mdominguez@press.org