Celebrate New Year's Eve at the National Press Club
December 22, 2018 | By Susan Delbert | firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrate New Year's Eve at the Fourth Estate. The restaurant is offering a special prix fixe menu in two seatings at 6 p.m. or 8 p.m.
The cost is $130 per couple for National Press Club members and $150 per couple for nonmembers. Reservations are requested at 202-662-7638 or book through www.opentable.com.
Diners will get a complimentary Pomegranate Bellini, glass of wine or bubbly, or bottled beer.
- Spinach salad, avocado, mango, pomegranate seeds, goat cheese, pecans and poppy seed vinaigrette
- Appetizer plate: Smoked salmon cucumber flower, cheese gougeres and pea feta fritters; dill crème fraiche and red pepper dipping sauce
- Warm lobster bisque, truffle parmesan croutons and fresh herbs
- Sesame seared tuna steak (served medium rare), kumquat-ginger-lime butter, saffron basmati rice with vegetables, roasted grapes
- Steamed cracked king crab leg, drawn butter, almond couscous and tropical papaya-mango red pepper slaw
- Prosciutto wrapped filet mignon, red wine sauce, mushrooms, chive mashed potatoes, spinach Parmesan soufflé
- Vegetarian wild mushroom casserole, hen of the woods, oyster and shiitake mushrooms simmered in garlic cream, butter crust, baked tomatoes, sautéed winter greens
- Chocolate Éclair, custard filling
- Coconut snowballs, vanilla ice cream, peppermint fudge sauce on a steaming glacial chunk
- Three cheese plate, spiced crackers, mandarin orange slivers and chocolate Valhrona confection
Specialty selected wines will be available for half price.