Third Annual Security Innovation Network (SINET) Showcase Keynote Address
October 25, 2012 8:30 AM
Deputy Secretary for DHS, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, AT&T and Pepco Present on Closing Keynote Panel at the Security Innovation Network (SINET) Showcase, October 25th, National Press Club, D.C.
San Francisco, Calif. – October 19, 2012 – The Security Innovation Network™ (SINET), an organization focused on the advancement of cybersecurity innovation through public-private collaboration, today announced the addition of high-profile speakers to its closing keynote panel at the third annual SINET Showcase, October 25, 2012, at the National Press Club in Washington D.C.
In a timely response to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s recent remarks about the looming threat of a “digital Pearl Harbor” and a possible presidential executive order calling for industry regulation, the closing session titled "Cybersecurity: The Role of Government and Corporations” will explore the escalating national concern over the risk of cyber attacks and the role of private industry, government, partnerships, legislation and executive orders in the effort to mitigate these attacks. Featured panelists:
• Dr. Edward G. Amoroso, Chief Security Officer and Senior Vice President, AT&T
• Ann M. Beauchesne, Vice President, National Security & Emergency Preparedness, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
• Michael Daniel, Special Assistant to the President and Cybersecurity Coordinator, The White House
• Jane Holl Lute, Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security, Department of Homeland Security
• Joseph M. Rigby, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, Pepco Holdings, Inc.
• Moderated by Norman Pearlstine, Chief Content Officer, Bloomberg LP, Chairman, Bloomberg Businessweek and Co-Chairman, Bloomberg Government
Ms. Stephanie O’Sullivan, the Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence (PDDNI), will open the event with a keynote on why the sharing of intelligence among the public and private sectors has never been more critical and the need for more technology research, development and innovation.
Other highlights include:
"Why Wall Street is Interested in Cybersecurity”
• Ward Waltemath, Vice President, Head of IT Security Investment Banking, Goldman Sachs
"DOD, DHS, and the Private Sector: Defining Roles and Responsibilities and Improving Information Sharing"
• Rich Baich, Chief Information Security Officer, Enterprise Technology Services, Wells Fargo Corporation
• Tim McKnight, Executive Vice President and Head of Information Security and Risk, Fidelity Investments
• Eric Rosenbach, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy, Department of Defense (DoD)
• Mark Weatherford, Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD)
• Moderated by Brian White, Managing Director & Chief Strategy Officer, The Chertoff Group.
"How Cybersecurity is Transforming a Generation”
• Mark Grovic, General Partner, New Markets Growth Fund, VC in Residence and Professor of Venture Capital Ethics, R. H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
• Karl Gumtow, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Cyberpoint International
• Mark Hatch, Chief Executive Officer, TechShop
• Moderated by Rick Geritz, Chief Executive Officer, LifeJourney
Supported by the Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate, the SINET Showcase was created to identify and display sixteen innovative and potentially disruptive cyber security technologies in front of an influential audience of buyers and representatives from the investment, research, commercial, civilian, defense and intelligence communities. The 2012 class of SINET 16 Innovators represents a broad range of regions and countries and technologic advancements in Mobility, Data protection, Big data, Wireless, Virtualization, Breach Recognition and Response, and Prevention.
“We are at a pivotal point toward addressing the frequency and sophistication of today’s cybersecurity attacks and the transition from disruption to destruction. It is time to quit talking about the problem, take action and move from me to we, to us against them, the adversary. SINET encourages the support of local public private partnership forums, the advancement of innovation and the building of communities of interest and trust in the cybersecurity domain as the solution,” said Robert Rodriguez, Founder and Chairman of SINET.
The conference is kicked-off by a half day of hands-on workshops on October 24th to help both small and large businesses prepare to advance their technologies into the hands of the country’s most influential federal government and private industry buyers and investors.
• The SINET 16 list is available at: http://www.security-innovation.org/sinet-16.htm
• For more information about attending Showcase 2012: http://www.security-innovation.org/Showcase_2012.htm
• Follow SINET on Twitter (official hashtag is #SINETconnection): http://twitter.com/ - !/SINETconnection
SINET would like to thank the following sponsors: DHS S&T, Kauffman, Department of Defense, Good Technology, Sallie Mae, KEYW, SAIC, The Chertoff Group, Endgame Systems, Jive, Stanford Computer Forum, AGC Partners, Alvarez & Associates, Imperial Capital, Raytheon, BrightTalk, Trident Capital, Wave, HyTrust, Xybermeme, Reversing Labs, WatchDox and Solera.
About the Security Innovation Network™
The Security Innovation Network™ (SINET) is a community builder and a strategic advisor who's mission is to advance innovation and enable global collaboration between the public and private sectors to defeat cybersecurity threats. SINET’s public-private partnership events are supported by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate. SINET’s affiliate, The SINET Group, offers Advisory Services and a Membership Program that offers its social collaboration tool - The SINET Exchange. Through these activities, SINET has helped build thousands of relationships and delivered value across a broad spectrum of the security community to include builders, buyers, researchers, and investors. The SINET team consists of former leaders from the Intelligence, DoD, DHS, and Silicon Valley communities. For more information visit www.security-innovation.org.
For More Information On This Event, Contact:
Leslie Kesselring, PR for SINET