Does The World Need Climate Insurance?
March 9, 2018 10:00 AM
Location: Murrow Room
Climate change has impacted human affairs throughout history, and it will continue to be a serious issue. But how great is the risk of a climate catastrophe to our economy, our lives and our planet? Couldn't we reduce carbon dioxide emissions with minimal cost while also creating positive economic benefits for society? As Dr. Bruce Everett will explain, this fallacy is based on several false assertions:
1. Carbon dioxide controls the climate
2. Renewable energy sources are free
3. Fossil fuels seem cheaper because of subsidies
4. Air pollution from fossil fuels is a killer
5. Scaling-up renewable power will decrease costs and make them cheaper than fossil fuels
6. Government subsidies for renewable energy will spur economic growth and employment
The event will take place at the National Press Club at 529 14th St. NW, Washington, D.C., on Friday, March 9th, 2018, from 10 A.M. to noon. Beverages will be provided.
We request that you make a reservation by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information On This Event, Contact: