The Event Manager’s responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service in working with our existing and new clients to plan and execute successful business, news and social events (roughly 300 per year) that meet or exceed our client’s expectations while at the same time helping the company maximize its full revenue potential and profitability.
- Respond to inbound leads/inquiries from existing and prospective clients to identify business opportunities in a timely manner to ensure productive lead-to-close conversion
- Provide consultation and recommendations for event facilities and services to prospective customers to enhance client’s event experience and full revenue potential for the business
- Schedule booking of facilities and work with clients in a consultative manner to plan all event details including timeline, space(s), food/beverage, audio-visual services, event promotion, multimedia production services, staff requirements, etc.
- Maintain accurate data collection and records of interaction with existing, prospective and new clients via SalesForce.com to ensure optimum outcomes and evaluate business/industry trends.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments (banquets, catering, A/V, sales) staff to ensure successful execution of client events.
- Liaise with clients to identify ongoing needs and ensure customer satisfaction on forward-looking basis.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue growth targets and productivity goals.
- Provide productive feedback to management to assist with potential improvement of services and business practices that help drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations with clients and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest for the events business
- Participate in relevant industry trade shows/conferences and other promotional efforts to remain current on industry trends, potential business growth opportunities or as requested
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and requested by the Director of Events and/or Director of Business Development
- Minimum of two years’ successful experience in an event management/planning role for clients, managing multiple projects/events simultaneously
- Proven track record planning all details (catering, A/V, promotion, etc.) for business & social events from start to finish
- Success in retaining and growing business from customers in a competitive marketplace
- Experience working in a goal-oriented environment with revenue targets & incentives
- Individual must be very well organized, self-motivated, energetic and entrepreneurial
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and work to set targets and deadlines
- Superior interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) and are a must
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external contacts in a professional manner
- Strong sales and customer service skills with the ability to build productive business relationships with existing and new clients on an ongoing basis
- Experience working with Jonas, Caterease, Social Tables or similar event software programs, as well as Salesforce.com and MS Office programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
The National Press Club offers a competitive base salary + incentive structure, including profit sharing for tenured staff. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package including: 401k, medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as paid vacation, commuter savings benefits and life and disability insurance. The National Press Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this role please apply by submitting your resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Event Manager