October 10, 2012 | By Mesfin Mekonen | MMekonen@press.org
National Press Club members and their guests are invited to enjoy a special buffet dinner with music by accordion player Roy Beyer starting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18 in the Reliable Source.
This Oktoberfest evening of food and music was arranged at the request of members. Enjoy the festivities and the Club's international cuisine prepared under the direction of Executive Chef Susan Delbert.
The price of the buffet is $17 plus tax and gratituty. Please make a reservation as soon as you can: RS@press.org or (202) 662-7443
Oktoberfest Buffet menu.
Soft Pretzels, Horseradish Mustard, Oxtail Soup
1. Bratwurst and Knockwurst cooked in Beer
Mustard, Onion and Horseradish; Potato Rolls on the Side
3. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Spiced Tomato Sauce
1. Braised Red Cabbage with Apples
2. Warm German Potato Salad
3. Spaetzle with Butter and Parsley
1. Apple sauce
2. Linsensalat (Lentil and Carrot Salad)
3. Beet Salad
4. Cucumbers in Dill Cream Sauce
1. Black Forest Cup cakes
2. German Chocolate Cake
3. Apple Pie
4. Gingerbread Cookies