NPC's Fourth Estate holds successful dinner featuring Marcus Samuelsson
February 1, 2017 | By Susan Delbert, NPC executive chef | firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcus Samuelsson, renowned Food Network personality and New York restaurant chef, launched his new cookbook, The Red Rooster Harlem Cookbook, at a Wine Dinner in the Fourth Estate restaurant at the National Press Club on Jan. 30.
Speaking to a sellout crowd, Chef Marcus discussed not only his new Harlem restaurant and the internationally-inspired mix of foods to follow, but also the political aspects of food choices.
Ron Brooks, representing Country Vintner Distributors, discussed the Italian and American wines chosen to complement Chef Marcus’ menu. Below is the menu:
- Charred char arepas (with char or salad)
- La marqueta pork tack tack with jerk bacon
- Deviled eggs with chicken skin mayo
Specialty cocktail: Yes, Chef!
- Squash salad with crunchy quinoa, pumpkin seed vinaigrette
- Pinot Grigio Jesera, Venica & Venica, Collio, Italy (2015)
- Coconut fluke ceviche
- Roussanne, Andrew Rich, Columbia Valley, Washington (2014)
Intermezzo: Mango sorbet
- Obama's short ribs, Mac and greens,
- Fried sprouts with bacon dip
- Syrah, The Paring, Santa Ynez valley, California (2013)
- Rum cake
- Brachetto d/Acqui, Marenco, Piedmont, Italy (2015)