New Year's Eve Celebration with Dance Band, $75; Club Closed Jan. 1-3
December 29, 2009
Dance the night away at the New Year's Eve Swing featuring Doc Scantlin and His Imperial Palms Orchestra.
Admission ($75 for members, $100 for non-members) includes an open bar, hors d'oeuvres, party favors, midnight champagne toast and a 10% discount on New Year's Eve dinner at the Fourth Estate Restaurant.
The party begins at 8 p.m. Dec. 31 and ends at 1 a.m. Jan. 1.
Reserve at 202-662-7501 or at www.press.org/swing . Advance payment required.
The Fourth Estate Restaurant will feature a three-course menu for $55 per person for NPC members, $65 for non-members, including a glass of champagne.
The menu is:
- Shrimp cocktail with horseradish sauce
- Oysters on the half shell
- Caesar salad with peppercorn pecorino
- Organic greens with peppercorn vinaigrette
- Lobster bisque
- Roasted prime rib of beef, mashed potatoes and mushroom demi glace
- Lobster and shrimp risotto, sautéed spinach and pine nuts
- Rosemary roasted rack of lamb, bi-colored scalloped potatoes
- Organic roasted half chicken, sage and cranberry bread dressing
- Seared tuna steak, rice pilaf
- Vegetarian spinach and feta cakes, butternut squash gratin
- Pavlova with passion fruit
- Chocolate mint parfait
- Mango and berry tuile cups
Price does not include tax and gratuity.
For dinner reservations, call Emily Hand at 202.662.7638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Club will be closed Friday through Sunday, Jan. 1 to 3, in observance of the New Year holiday.