The Club is proud to present the new online membership directory, available now! As part of the redesign of the website launched in July 2010, the membership directory is one of the last pieces of the National Press Club site redesign. Here are some of the new features this tool has to offer:
- Better search capability – You can still search for members by first or last name, but now you can search by beat and occupation as well. In the keyword search box, members can search other members’ optional bio information.
- Photo uploads – Uploading a photo to your directory listing will help put a face to your name for members you may have only communicated via the phone/email.
- Biographical information – As a member, you are more than just your employer and contact information. Use this area to tell other members your other areas of interest or talents to make deeper professional and personal connections.
- Social media links – Engage members on Facebook, Twitter, or other digital communication vehicles to continue the conversation when you’re not at the club (or on press.org).
- Preferred method of contact – This feature helps you determine the best manner for other members (or staff) to contact you.
To get started, you’ll have to update your information at press.org. Here’s how:
When you arrive at press.org, you should see a login box at the top of the page.
By logging in here, you can access your account and member only content like the Membership Directory, audio/transcripts, discounts on tickets and Staff Directory. Your username is your membership id number. If your membership inception date was prior to March 2011 and you have not previously logged in and changed your password, your password is the first name initial and last name (e.g. "jdoe" would be John Doe's password). Recently joined members have been given random passwords, and should take advantage of the site's password recovery/reset function, available here: http://press.org/user/password. There you will be asked for either your username (member id number) or email address, and instructions on logging in will be emailed to you.
If you would like assistance in setting up your profile, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, contact information, and issue. Someone from the membership department will follow up with you to resolve your issue.
Once you have logged in, you should notice a screen like the one below. It is imperative that you go in and change your password to ensure privacy.
After clicking on the pink banner to change your password, you will be taken to a screen that looks like the one below. Insert the email address you’d like to use going forward, and change your password to something that only you would know. Then hit the “Save” button.
After you've changed your password, it might be a good time to update your membership directory information, so click on the “Profile” tab. Here you will find your profile information and areas for you to upload your picture, insert social media URLs, and identify yourself by occupation and beat. If you cover multiple beats, please highlight all that apply.
If you don't have time to do this now, that's okay - Once you're logged in, you can view and edit your profile page at any time by clicking on the "My Account" button next to the search box at the top of every page.
If you would like assistance in setting up your profile, please stop by the Club Fridays beginning January 14 through February 4 during Taco Night from 5pm until 8pm. A representative from membership will be on hand to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. If you are not able to make it to the Club and would like assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, and issue. Someone from the membership department will follow up with you to resolve your issue.