|Sept. 20-Oct. 4||St. Petersburg & Baltic Capitals|
|Jan. 12-16||Mexico City|
|Got an idea for a great destination?
Click here to make a suggestion
NPC Travel Committee
The NPC Travel Committee is dedicated to researching, mounting, and promoting high quality, educational, and economic travel opportunities for its members. Over the past several years our members have taken exotic excursions to Jordan’s Petra and the pyramids of Egypt, travelled the Silk Road in China, sojourned in Istanbul, relived contemporary European history in the three Baltic Republics of Lithuania, Latvia, & Estonia, enjoyed animal safaris in South Africa and Botswana, visited the vast mélange of Buddhist pagodas in Myanmar, Vietnam, and Cambodia, and explored Amsterdam's eclectic architecture and vast art collections with stops in in Bruges, Normandy, and Mont St. Michel. Our traditional Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend Trips to Iceland, Panama, London, and Lisbon have been extremely popular and well-attended.
St. Petersburg & the Baltic Capitals: September 20–October 4
Join an existing Odysseys Unlimited 14 day trip to four distinct nations, four thriving capitals and their provincial outskirts. We are currently holding 15 slots on a 25 person tour of Vilnius & Trakai, Lithuania; Riga, Latvia; Parnu & Tallinn, Estonia; and St Petersburg, Russia. Please note that all questions and arrangements regarding this trip should be directed to Odysseys Unlimited by calling (888) 370-6765.
Mexico City: January 12–16
Join The National Press Club for an exciting long weekend January 12-16, 2017 to experience the beauty and history of Mexico City, Mexico. Highlights include: Round-trip non-stop flights between Dulles and Mexico City, four nights at a centrally-located hotel with breakfast daily, two full days of guided touring, one day at leisure (optional tours available), a visit to Frida Kahlo's Casa Azul, Chapultepec Castle, The National Anthropology Museum and an optional folkloric ballet performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Committee is dedicated to researching, mounting, and promoting high quality, educational, and economic domestic and international recreational trips for Club members and guests in accordance with the Club’s Code of Ethics and Committee Guidelines that pertain to travel.
Chair: Fay Iudicello - email@example.com
- The Chair forms a Committee with the approval of the President and submits a list of Committee members and email addresses to the President’s Office.
- The Committee should actively solicit travel suggestions from NPC members through interaction with other NPC committees, membership office, the WIRE, and travel receptions.
- The Committee should arrange for regular publicity in the WIRE, on the Travel Committee webpage, and in other venues as appropriate.
- The Committee may conduct trip promotion receptions and schedule them through the Staff Liaison in the General Offices. All expenditures related to receptions must be negotiated with catering and approved before by the appropriate member of the Executive Director’s staff.
- The Committee should vote to undertake any research related to an NPC sponsored trip. When this research is completed, the Committee will vote again to mount such a trip. In such case where a trip has not generated sufficient interest, the Committee will vote to cancel the trip. A simple majority of those present at a regularly scheduled meeting is sufficient for approving or cancelling a trip.
- The Chair should designate a Trip Leader for each trip. In coordination with the Chair and the trip planner, the Trip Leader should (1) assist in marketing the trip through WIRE stories and other means, (2) coordinate all logistics and deal with any issues that may arise during the trip, (3) prepare a WIRE story on the trip afterwards, and (4) submit a brief trip report to the Chair, including lessons learned and recommendations for future trips.
- The Chair should write a year-end summary report assessing the travel program and making recommendations for the future.
This part of the web site contains information for and about the Club's committees. Any committee chair may post information to these web pages by contacting Ryan Howell (tel: 202.662.7596).