New Business Development Manager
We are seeking an energetic, hardworking individual for our New Business Development / Sales role. The focus of this position is NEW business generation, not account management. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for:
- Seeking out and building new customers for our business by researching markets, identifying ideal customer types, cold-calling, scheduling and conducting in-person meetings, presentations and industry networking events.
- Identifying opportunities to help prospects solve pain points and achieve business goals through the NPC’s business offerings
- Developing ongoing business partnerships with key customers with long-term business potential
- Structuring, negotiating and securing business agreements that provide win-win solutions for our clients and our business.
- Achieving and exceeding established monthly, quarterly and annual sales and productivity goals
- Logging and tracking opportunities, pipeline and activities using Salesforce.com
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2 years’ successful experience in an outside sales role
- Proven track record of effective prospecting, cold-calling and managing an active meeting schedule
- Documented success in winning new business in a competitive business climate
- Experience working in a goal-oriented environment with revenue targets & incentives
- Individual must be organized, self-motivated, energetic and entrepreneurial
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external contacts
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and work to set targets and deadlines
You will be rewarded with a competitive base salary + commission structure. You will also receive a comprehensive benefits package including: 401k, medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as paid vacation, commuter savings benefits and life and disability insurance. The National Press Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this role please apply by submitting your resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: NBD Candidate