Director, Account Development
We are seeking an experienced account management and business development professional to retain and grow revenue from our existing customer base. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will:
- Actively develop and grow relationships with existing customers through consistent outreach (phone calls, in-person meetings & presentations, networking events other appropriate methods) to drive repeat business and identify new business opportunities.
- Meet regularly with customers to discuss both short- and long-term business needs and match with company offerings to enhance client relationships and grow revenue opportunities for the business
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and departments to fulfill customer business requirements
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue growth targets and productivity goals
- Manage and track all client interaction, activity, meetings, schedules and opportunity pipeline in SalesForce.com
- Assist in the development and execution of outbound marketing content (client case studies, social media posts, sales materials, etc.) to help educate and engage the existing customer base on business offerings and opportunities.
- Participate in relevant industry trade shows/conferences and other promotional efforts as requested.
- Assist with data collection and reporting related to the sales & marketing efforts as requested.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years’ successful experience in an outside sales role
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing an account base with documented success in retaining and growing revenue from customers in a competitive business climate
- Proven track record of effectively managing a sales territory & maintaining an active meeting schedule
- Experience working in a goal-oriented environment with revenue targets & incentives
- Individual must be organized, self-motivated, energetic and entrepreneurial
- Strong interpersonal communication and group presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external contacts
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and work to set targets and deadlines
- Interest, experience or knowledge of live events, multimedia services and media industry preferred
You will be rewarded with a competitive base salary + commission structure. You will also receive a comprehensive benefits package including: 401k, medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as paid vacation, commuter savings benefits and life and disability insurance. The National Press Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this role please apply by submitting your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Account Development.